- Procure-to-Pay market leader in the global hospitality industry
- Cloud based, SaaS P2P automation software founded in 2002
- HQ: Newport Beach, CA with offices in Denver, China, India, Singapore & UK
- More than 16,000 locations contracted in over 130 countries
- 25 Languages, 69 Currencies
- Over 200,000 Registered Users
- Over 350,000 Marketplace Suppliers
- Processing > 50 million Purchase Orders a year
- $39 Billion in Spend a year
- More than 150, Logins per day
- 2016 AccuBar acquired
BirchStreet’s culture, organizational structure and pioneering technology were built from the ground up to deliver an efficient and valued service offering as cloud-based solutions developed. The company’s technology focuses on improving procurement, financial controls and related business processes specifically for the hospitality industry which has been largely under-served by other eProcurement solutions on the market.
BirchStreet provides clients with a complete business solution combining “Software as a Service” (SaaS) with marketplace business services. The main advantage of using the SaaS model is that BirchStreet’s technology is hosted over the Internet. Therefore, customers have a much lower and more predictable cost of ownership than with enterprise level software that is installed and runs on in-house servers and databases. In addition, customizations and updates are delivered quickly and seamlessly to the customer. Additional advantages of the “On Demand” SaaS model include:
- No IT hassles and costs
- Faster development cycles and innovation
- Higher quality software
- Instant anytime, anywhere access
- Ongoing bundled services
- Responsibility for system success lies with BirchStreet
- Accurate data, including reporting and pricing
Today, BirchStreet offers the only enterprise eProcurement system focused on the hospitality industry. More than 16,000 locations are contracted with BirchStreet’s technology, including Interstate Hotels and Resorts, Hilton Hotels, Marriott Hotels, Hyatt Hotels, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Accor, Fairmont Hotels, Four Seasons, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Montage Hotels, Rosewood Hotels, Wyndham, Best Western and many others.
The BirchStreet platform is a comprehensive back-office business system designed to automate the “Procure-to-Pay” cycle, which results in cutting inefficiencies out of the process while strengthening financial controls. BirchStreet can be run as a single property or multi-location solution. The multi-location modules provide an enterprise-wide view of the procurement process, helping customers identify ways to leverage the collective buying power of their organization and providing a comprehensive tool to drive consistent business processes, automation and financial control across the portfolio. All functionality is delivered over the Internet to the user’s workstation via a standard browser, eliminating the need for server hardware and software.
BirchStreet’s Platform includes eProcurement, AP Automation, Inventory Control, Recipe Management, Executive Dashboards and Capital Projects.
Pricing for BirchStreet’s Procure-to-Pay automation solution typically include implementation fees and a monthly subscription fee. The monthly subscription fee varies based on the number and size of the locations and selected modules.
Suppliers are an integral part of the eProcurement process and of BirchStreet’s overall success. When it comes to suppliers, BirchStreet’s goal is to make it as easy and inexpensive as possible for the customer’s suppliers to become a robust and willing participant in its private purchasing portal. To achieve this goal, BirchStreet does not charge suppliers and has developed numerous advanced technologies to assist them. Understanding that they are key to the process, BirchStreet also has a support desk and a specialized training department for suppliers.
The BirchStreet application has a number of integrations with leading suppliers’ ecommerce systems, including Home Depot, Office Depot, Grainger, Shamrock Foods, Chef Works, eSYSCO, US Foodservice, Cintas, Edward Don & Company and CDW. In addition to its existing group of supplier partners, BirchStreet solutions can help customers develop their own customized supplier programs.
The executive leadership at BirchStreet possesses average industry tenure of twenty years with disciplines in hospitality, accounting, customer care and billing, ERP, software development tools as well as supply chain management. The management team includes:
- Steve Markle – CEO
- Sushil Garg – Co-Founder and Chairman
- Joseph A. Fox – Chief Strategy Officer
- Sundar Kamak – SVP, Head of Marketing And Product Strategy
- Dean Grimm – Chief Technology Officer
- Kim Huff – Vice President, Customer Success
- Karla Kannan – VP Global Solutions Delivery
- Thron Havens – Chief Information Officer
- Dan Grimm – SVP, Integrations / AccuBar
- Jon Castillo – Vice President, Client Services
Newport Beach Office Map
1301 Dove Street, Suite 300
Newport Beach, California 92660